- Java Backend Developer - Bookiply (f/m/d)
Your future team
Our Tech Stack
Java Backend applications written in Java 8-15 and Kotlin on the Spring Boot framework.
Deployed as microservices on AWS hosted Kubernetes cluster (EKS)
Event-driven communication between services through ActiveMQ.
Usage of a diverse set of technologies depending on the use case such as Postgres, SQS, S3, Redis, ElasticSearch, Kafka, and many more.
Monitoring with Grafana, Prometheus, ELK and CloudWatch
Internal and external web applications written with ReactJS.
Your role in this journey
- You will be part of the team which is fully responsible for distributing vacation rental properties to numerous distribution channels.
- Together with your team members you will design, implement, evolve, and maintain our Java backend services, written in Java 8-15 on the Spring Boot framework.
- Ensure our applications are highly scalable, able to synchronize a high volume of properties.
- Ensure scalable data persistence, either when storing the data in PostgreSQL, caching data in Redis, or by exploring and proposing new state of the art technologies when appropriate.
- Deploy our applications with Jenkins on our Kubernetes cluster running in AWS.
- Promote our core value of focusing on customers by monitoring our systems with Grafana, Prometheus, ELK 7 stack and proactively resolving the issues.
- Apply best practices and continuously learn and share your thoughts with your peers.
Your backpack is filled with
- A degree in Computer Science, or a related field.
- Professional development experience in Java, after or during your studies.
- Experience with developing web services with Spring Boot, using relational databases, and deploying applications in a cloud environment. Experience with NoSQL databases is a plus.
- Familiarity with best practices for integrating and developing RESTful APIs.
- The ability to analyze and solve issues on your own.
- Desire to understand business cases and develop technical solutions based on them.
- Love for coding and building world-class products! We do and we hope you share our ambition!
- High motivation to learn and experiment with modern technologies. Having a personal pet project is a big plus.
Our adventure includes
- Have an impact on the millions of people using our product every month.
- Grow with responsibility from day 1 and develop yourself through regular feedback.
- Connect and have fun with diverse yet like-minded people at work, regular events and weekly office days with your team.
- Get to know the world with our flexible home office policy and the opportunity to work from other local offices.
- Learn languages with meetings in English and subsidized German classes.
- Get in shape with a premium gym membership for a discounted rate.
- Go traveling for 28 vacation days + 13 public holidays in Bavaria.
- Get a sneak peek at the adventure that awaits you on Instagram @lifeatholidu.
Want to travel with us?
We champion diversity in every aspect of life. We encourage applications from all genders, corners of the world and individual backgrounds. Please feel welcome to submit your application without a photo and details on your gender, date of birth, marital status and nationality. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Go back to career page