Popular Vacation Rentals in Saxony
Vacation rentals with free cancellation
Vacation Rentals in Saxony
Pet-friendly Vacation Rentals
Vacation Rentals with Pool
Vacation Rentals with Internet
Find Vacation Rentals in Saxony
Most popular in Saxony
Prices and availability
Travel to Saxony and discover the many facets of this federal state. You can either visit the cities or experience nature. Whether low mountain ranges or forests - in Saxony everyone gets his money's worth. Spend an unforgettable holiday in Saxony and book your dream holiday apartment with Holidu today!
Things to know about Saxony
Saxony - Dreamy low mountain ranges and exciting metropolises
Located in the very east of the Federal Republic of Germany, beautiful Saxony borders Brandenburg in the north, Saxony-Anhalt in the northwest, Thuringia in the west and Bavaria in the south. Around four million inhabitants, most of whom live in the city centres of Dresden and Leipzig, await you here with incomparable hospitality and welcome you with open arms. Extensive forests, gentle hills, wild river landscapes as well as a pronounced agriculture with a lot of culture in all places attract numerous visitors to Upper Lusatia every year. Saxony's protective low mountain ranges provide a temperate climate with colder winters and drier summers,
than in the rest of the Federal Republic. Especially the tourist region around Leipzig often has warm and dry summers to offer. Saxony has a well-developed transport network, consisting of motorways and federal highways, as well as public connections. You can reach Saxony by car as well as by train in a comfortable way. Because of the metropolises Leipzig and Dresden, the arrival by plane is also a time-saving alternative. Spend your holiday in Saxony! Vacation rentals and apartments to suit your taste, you will find with Holidu!
Enjoy and experience the diversity of Saxony
In the east Saxony borders on beautiful Poland and in the south on the Czech Republic, which is easy to reach especially for day-trippers and invites to cheap shopping. The metropolises of Dresden, Leipzig and not least Chemnitz are of course always worth a visit, not just for shopping, but especially for culturally interested holidaymakers. In addition to the Frauenkirche, the metropolis of Dresden has much more to offer. In the historic old town, which was restored with a lot of money, effort and love after the devastating bombing raids of the Second World War, numerous historically significant buildings gather together such as the Zwinger, the Semper Opera House or the lesser known but beautiful Kreuzkirche. Visitors to Saxony should not miss Leipzig, Germany's fastest growing city. Due to its long history as a university and trade fair city, Saxony's most populous city has numerous museums to offer, such as the German Book Fair and the German Book Fair.
and the Font Museum on you. The inhabitants of Leipzig inspire visitors with a refreshing dialect and special hospitality, which already inspired the well-known composers Johann Sebastian Bach and Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy. Those who have little left for the liveliness and excitement of the big city on holiday should definitely visit the region of Saxon Switzerland, which is designated as a national park. In the Osterzgebirge, not far from Dresden, you will find everything your heart desires. You can actively make your way through the beautiful landscape and see untouched nature on excellently signposted hiking and cycle paths. Numerous inexpensive holiday apartments in Pirna or Stolpen are ideal for planning exciting day trips and finding a relaxing night after extensive tours. The best way to rent the ideal accommodation is with Holidu!
„Did you know that the writer Karl May and the composer Richard Wagner were born in Saxony?“
Top 5 travel tips for your holiday in Saxony: Unique destinations and places of interest
1. Nature lovers cannot pass by the Erzgebirge. It stretches from Saxony to the Czech Republic and offers its visitors numerous national and nature parks that leave nothing to be desired by nature lovers and active holidaymakers. In summer you can explore the untouched nature on foot or by bike. In winter, one of the most popular ski resorts in Germany awaits you here. The special climate of the low mountain range ensures extensive snowfall and cold winters every year - ideal for winter sports.
2. In the very south of Saxony, where the Erzgebirge slowly merges into the Elstergebirge, lies the region Vogtland, which is very interesting for tourists. Here architecture lovers will find the Göltzschtal Bridge, the largest brick bridge in the world. With 29 arches, this viaduct is considered a landmark of the Vogtland and is one of the oldest witnesses of railway history in Germany.
3. One of the most popular excursion destinations in Saxony is the Oybin, Zittauens most famous mountain with about 514 meters height. The ascent takes 15 minutes and during this time you will pass the mountain church, which is well worth a short look. A small detour also takes you through a narrow rock cut, the so-called Knight's Gorge. A castle and monastery ruin awaits you on the mountain, making this destination the most romantic and at the same time the most mystical in Saxony.
4. Make sure you take a ride on a historic narrow-gauge railway and let it take you 100 years back. These narrow-gauge railways run all over Saxony on lines that are still in good condition today! With a speed of about 30 km/h you drive through the area and can also enjoy the view of nature.
5. Visit the crown of the Erzgebirge, as Augustusburg Castle is also called. The castle on the Schellenberg is visible from afar and represents a cultural and architectural showpiece that has lots of highlights to offer. Many museums and a bird of prey show await you.
Rent your holiday home with Holidu
Use the simple search function of Holidu and book your ideal vacation rental in Saxony today. Simply enter the desired accommodation and your most important search criteria in advance. You will then only receive the suitable accommodation that really suits you.
For example, would you like to take your dog with you on holiday? No problem. Simply select this criterion in advance and the search can begin. Choose the holiday apartment in Saxony that best suits you and you can start planning your holiday.
FAQs: Vacation Rentals in Saxony
How much do the vacation rentals in Saxony cost on average?
Saxony is one of the cheapest regions in Germany. The price for a vacation rental is about $116.24 per night.
What time of year offers, on average, the best vacation rental prices in Saxony?
]If you would like to get the most out of your money, the most affordable months to visit Saxony are January ($107.93 the average per night for accommodation), March ($109.41), and February ($111.95).
During which months are vacation rentals more expensive in Saxony?
When it comes to booking a vacation rental in Saxony, the highest prices are found in the month of July (with an average of $129.99 per night), followed by August ($125.97), and December ($120.56).
Is Saxony a good location for a last-minute getaway?
It's worthwhile if you can book your stay well in advance when visiting Saxony, as only 38% of our accommodations are usually available throughout the year.
What time of the year can I find more free vacation rentals?
November, December and January are, in order of highest to lowest, the months offering the largest number of properties free, with respective average availability figures of 54.25%, 54%, and 54%.
Which months is it more difficult to find available vacation rentals?
The accommodations in Saxony reach their peak in demand in August, with an availability rate of 18%. The second most requested month is July, with 20.5%, and the third is September with 23%.
How many vacation rentals does Holidu have in Saxony?
Holidu offers around 4200 properties in Saxony from 28 different partners, so find the perfect type of accommodation you are looking for. You can count on us!