- Senior Java Backend Developer - Bookiply (f/m/d)
Your future team
Our Tech Stack
Backend applications written in Java 11 and Kotlin (with Spring Boot)
Deployed as microservices on AWS hosted Kubernetes cluster (EKS)
Event-driven communication between services through ActiveMQ.
Usage of a diverse set of technologies depending on the use case such as PostgreSQL, SQS, S3, Redis, ElasticSearch, Kafka, and many more.
Internal and external web applications written with ReactJS.
Native iOS and Android apps built on React/Native.
Monitoring with Grafana, Prometheus, ELK and CloudWatch.
Your role in this journey
You will be the Senior Engineer in the team so will have extensive ownership and responsibility for projects as well as helping to mentor and coach more junior members of the team.
In the medium term, there is a chance to move into a team lead role as this team expands. If you are looking for that opportunity, it will be available to you!
You will be part of the team which is fully responsible for our vacation rental management system and all related technologies
Together with your team members you will design, implement and evolve our Java backend services and cloud technologies.
You will build features and tools that serve our customers and internal teams.
Use your creativity and our modern stack to innovate our business and development processes.
Apply best practices and continuously learn and share your thoughts with your peers.
Your backpack is filled with
Finished studies in Computer Science, or related fields and first professional development experience after or during your studies
High motivation to learn and experiment with modern technologies. Having a personal pet project is a big plus
You should love coding and building world class products!
You love to take responsibility, are proactive and always keen to share your knowledge with more junior members of the team
Our adventure includes
- Have an impact on the millions of people using our product every month.
- Grow with responsibility from day 1 and develop yourself through regular feedback.
- Connect and have fun with diverse yet like-minded people at work, regular events and weekly office days with your team.
- Get to know the world with our flexible home office policy and the opportunity to work from other local offices.
- Learn languages with meetings in English and subsidized German classes.
- Get in shape with a premium gym membership for a discounted rate.
- Go traveling for 28 vacation days + 13 public holidays in Bavaria.
- Get a sneak peek at the adventure that awaits you on Instagram @lifeatholidu.
Want to travel with us?
We champion diversity in every aspect of life. We encourage applications from all genders, corners of the world and individual backgrounds. Please feel welcome to submit your application without a photo and details on your gender, date of birth, marital status and nationality. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Go back to career page