- Senior Product Manager - Ranking and Personalisation (f/m/d)
Your future team
You will be part of the search department, and you will lead a multi-functional squad of three developers and two data scientists. You will collaborate with other product teams with the goal of improving the user experience for millions of users, thereby improving the conversion rate and having a significant impact on our business.
Moreover, you will collaborate closely with the Business Intelligence Department, which consists of Data Analytics, Data Science and Data Engineering. Your direct peers are a group of international data professionals from 5 different countries.
Our Tech Stack
- We are writing the Search Engine and other applications with a microservice approach, using Java 11, with Spring Boot, running on Kubernetes.
- All machine learning models are trained with Python.
- Data storage with AWS Athena, AWS Redshift, Elasticsearch, AWS S3.
- Data Modelling with TensorFlow, sklearn, vowpal wabbit.
- Data processing with Spark, Flink, Kafka.
- Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Git.
- Search engine runs on Elasticsearch cluster.
- Data visualization with Looker and Kibana.
Your role in this journey
- Being part of the team which is fully responsible for the ranking of properties on our website and for the personalization of our product based on users and destinations.
- Understanding business challenges and translating them into solutions with your engineering and data science team.
- Define and communicating priorities and align deliverables with other teams.
- Effectively translating business requirements into technical solutions, roadmaps and specifications.
- Communicating results to the management team and to the company.
- Performing data analyses to ensure impact and quality of results.
- Proactively finding new and exciting ways to improve our product.
- Aligning with the Data Analytics and Data Engineering team on the prioritization of tasks and tickets to enable the team to achieve short and long-term objectives.
- Helping to remove blockers and obstacles for team members to enable efficient development.
Your backpack is filled with
- A university degree in informatics, computer science, industrial engineering, physics, mathematics, economics or related STEM fields.
- Professional experience in product management of consumer-facing products released through AB testing.
- 2+ years of experience in a data intensive work environment and preferably with machine learning based features.
- Good understanding of how to apply machine learning to the business, preferably also working knowledge of Reinforcement Learning.
- Good understanding of data processing, databases and big data technologies.
- Strong SQL skills and familiar with programming languages like Python, Java etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau, Kibana or Looker.
- Strong organizational/analytical skills with ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Our adventure includes
- Have an impact on the millions of people using our product every month.
- Grow with responsibility from day 1 and develop yourself through regular feedback.
- Connect and have fun with diverse yet like-minded people at work, regular events and weekly office days with your team.
- Get to know the world with our flexible home office policy and the opportunity to work from other local offices.
- Learn languages with meetings in English and subsidised German classes.
- Get in shape with a premium gym membership for a discounted rate.
- Go travelling for 28 vacation days + 13 public holidays in Bavaria.
- Get a sneak peek at the adventure that awaits you on Instagram @lifeatholidu.
- Sponsorship & Relocation Package up to €2,000 available.
Want to travel with us?
Apply online on our career page! Your first travel contact will be Jake from HR.
We champion diversity in every aspect of life. We encourage applications from all genders, corners of the world and individual backgrounds. Please feel welcome to submit your application without a photo and details on your gender, date of birth, marital status and nationality. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.