Vacation Rentals in York
Popular Vacation Rentals in York
Vacation rentals with free cancellation
Pet-friendly vacation rentals
Vacation Rentals with Internet
Vacation Rentals with Air Conditioning
Best Vacation Rentals in YorkGuests agree: these stays are highly rated for location, cleanliness, and more.
Other property types in York that might be interesting:
Prices and availability
Current Vacation rental prices York
Current vacation rental availability York
Things to know about York
Vacation rentals amongst fabulous medieval architecture in North Yorkshire
Lying in the heart of Yorkshire’s fantastic natural surroundings, consisting of rolling hills and lazy pastures, York nestles with its beautiful medieval architecture and structure located throughout its walls as well as exhibiting an extremely safe and cozy vibe. Featuring beautiful architecture, iconic museums renowned throughout the UK and many great walks available in the surrounding countryside, York truly caters for everyone from young to old – even for those with pets: Bring your dog along! Discover York’s cozy side streets and its infamous unique medieval city walls:
York City Walls, also known as the Bar Walls, dating back to the Roman era feature many picturesque gates, or, “bars” to the city which still stand strong today. This places York in a truly unique category – with clearly defined and well preserved medieval walls, the city looks back proudly at its legacy. To truly discover York’s beauty, explore York by foot or by bike. With cozy side streets, York’s relatively small size and a large portfolio of castles, bridges and great architecture to discover, walking will allow you to discover this city up close.
Vacation Apartments close to fantastic Museums, stunning Landscapes and great Legacy
Not only does York offer great possibilities for sightseeing around the city, York’s location, surrounded by gorgeous natural landscapes makes York a great city to stop off in or use as a base to discover great walking opportunities. The Yorkshire Wolds Way lies a short car or bus journey away and if you are a new or keen walker with a taste for fantastic views, it is recommended to set a day aside to experience this walk for yourself. Come rain or shine, York caters for fantastic activities – York is renowned for calling itself home to many historic museums and places of interest,
such as the National Railway Museum, the York Castle Museum and the Yorkshire Air Museum - those willing to discover new things and experience fascinating exhibitions will feel at home here with fantastic vacation apartments and cozy cottages. York also offers the renowned York Ghost Tours. Not for the faint hearted, this tour requires no booking in advance and takes place whatever the weather: Covering infamous tales from York’s past and narrow side streets, this is certainly an intriguing tour to take!
Top 5 Recommendations to do in York during your stay in a great Vacation Apartment
1. To discover York’s cozy side streets, monuments and to find out about the colorful history, why not take part in a guided walking tour! Many tours are on a tip only basis and will give you a real insight into York’s history and heritage you may have otherwise been unaware of. Tours cover York’s key landmarks including the famous York Minster, York’s City Walls, and many other intriguing sites. This truly is a must see experience to discover the city up close!
2. A famous museum within York is its iconic National Railway Museum. Featuring the most iconic locomotives, art and engineering from the origins of British rail pioneering to modern times, the museum is a must see for train enthusiasts from all over the UK!
3. Harry Potter fans will be familiar with York’s set of cozy side streets otherwise known as, “The Shambles”, as they were the inspiration for Diagon Alley, featured in many films. The streets feature cozy and picturesque little shops, cafes and pubs. Why not try a pint of locally sourced ale in a local pub and experience where Harry Potter would have bought his wand, broomstick and his books before heading off to Hogwarts!
4. To discover the history and production of York’s ales, by all means take a tour of the York Brewery. Discover a whole range of beers from bottled beer to various kinds of ale brewed at special times or throughout the year. Guided tours take place four times a day from Monday to Saturday – expect little tasters throughout the tour!
5. Breaks in York cannot be fully experienced without a trip to the York Minster which dominates the city. Experience its vast interior complete with its stained glass windows and its huge organ.
Discover cozy Vacation Apartments, Cottages, Lodges and Vacation Rentals in York with Holidu!
York is arguably one of the most picturesque and cosiest cities within the UK, featuring a unique and colorful history with beautiful architecture as well as historic buildings. Discover York up close for yourself with a selection of fantastic vacation apartments and cottages available with Holidu,
use Holidu’s simple search function to find your dream accommodation with your required amount of rooms, child and pet friendly facilities, great cooking facilities, a garden and many more options. Explore York and fall in love with its charm by booking a great accommodation with Holidu today!
FAQs: Vacation Rentals in York
How much does it cost to book a vacation rental in York?
Last year, rentals in York had an annual average price of around $256 per night.
During which months can you find the best price for vacation rentals in York?
According to our most recent data, the months with the cheapest prices in York are April, May and March, with average prices of $238, $242, and $243, respectively.
When are vacation rentals more expensive in York?
Analyzing the data from last year, we found that costs per night for accommodation here are usually higher, on average, during the months of August ($273), December ($269), and July ($263).
Is it necessary to plan a trip to York well in advance?
If you decide to put York on your bucket list, we suggest planning your vacation long before you go because it is usually very high in demand, with an annual average of 80% of rentals booked the previous year.
Which months offer the highest availability?
March, April and January are, in order of highest to lowest, the months that have the largest number of properties free, with an average availability of 37%, 36%, and 35%. However, even during these periods of time, when rental availability is the highest, the average is just 36%. So it is still important you always book your vacation early York.
When are fewer rentals available in York?
According to data from last year, the months when it is most difficult to find accommodation in York are, in order, July (with 7% of available rentals), December (7%), and August (8%). During these three months, the availability is very low (7%). It is therefore preferable to reserve far in advance.
How many vacation rentals does Holidu have in York?
We have collected the offers from 13 different providers in York, so we can offer you around 1,000 properties. You're going to have a hard time deciding which one to go with!